Sunday, July 25, 2010

My general view on physical immortality

I am basically an agnostic bordering on an atheist, and Leonard Orr loses me less than half-way through his book, when he gets too deep into all those great immortals and the gods. But I certainly do not discount the theory that death and old age could be largely programming. I tend to think very highly in the power of the mind.
And I also think very highly of chemicals and supplement and how they affect our bodies.
Elderly and middle-aged people I had known in my life who poo-pooed vitamins and homeopaths as quacks all ended up having heart attacks and other serious ailments.
I think a combination of mental and spiritual work with the right supplements is essential to longevity. I do believe that no amount of exercise and perfect nutrition will compensate for negative thoughts and feelings. I also believe that a lot of thoughts and feeling that we all consider normal or positive are in truth are negative and damaging. For example: feelings of righteousness or being judgmental, conservatism, being 'realistic', cautious, etc. Those thoughts and feelings are dangerous traps that will limit your spiritual growth and enjoyment of life. (Speaking of enjoyment of life - that concept is quite hairy and think I'll make it a separate post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment