Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pets prolong your life and further your wellbeing

There has been all sorts of research done and plenty of evidence that people are healthier when they have pets. Of course, a really sweet mate would probably be adequate instead, but in case of a cold, mean, unloving or a philandering spouse having two pets or more is recommended to compensate.
I have always had pets, and couldn't imagine life without them. My problem is, I'm very impressionable, so when other people's pets become more like their owners, I become more like my pets. I should have probably exercised some caution before getting a cat who is three times the normal size and wants to do nothing than eat and sleep.
Living in an apartment I am basically limited to cats. I have a huge cat, that would not be allowed, were it a dog, but cats don't have a weight limit, so I can have a cat that's bigger than most small dogs. I imagine, a lot of people find it more convenient to have a cat rather than a dog, so I'll use cats as an example.
My previous cat, whom I loved very dearly, died last year of a kidney failure. I was terribly depressed about losing her and read up a lot about cat's health.
kitten Lucy
I must tell you - if all you do is feed your cat regular cat food from a regular human store, it will very likely develop some health problems. Just look at the ingredients in that cat food: rice, corn, wheat! That's what you feed chickens and cows, but not carnivores like cats! How popular you think you'd be with some lions if you offered them rice for dinner? You'd be their dinner. At least, if you're going to keep feeding your cat junk food, give your pet some supplements.
After I found out that my kitty Tessa had severe kidney disease I gave her supplements to help her go pee without discomfort and something that's good for her kidneys. If I had known what was happening, and started the supplements earlier, Tessa would probably still be alive.
A friend of mine took her cat to a cardiologist and had her cholesterol checked and told me that in her opinion my current cat Iris needs probably needs some omega-3's and fish oil supplements.
Here is a painting I did of my daughter's cat Lucy.
If you like the painting and want me to paint a portrait of your pet for you, do let me know.

We all need pets to make us happier and healthier, so we should be grateful to them, and make sure that we take proper care of our 4-legged friends!

Meow!


All-natural pet products at MotherNature.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment